WELCOME TO RUSE - THE NORTHERN CAPITAL OF BULGARIA!
INVESTMENT PROFILE OF RUSE MUNICIPALITY (download)
Ruse is a dynamic, rapidly developing city along the Danube River, which, thanks to its strong industrial profile and large-scale projects, has become the economic leader of the region.
The strategic geographical position and the well-developed transport infrastructure are advantages that have shaped our city into an intermodal hub, providing opportunities for the mobility of people and the transportation of goods by road, rail and water transport.
The University of Ruse and the schools in the region prepare specialists in an extremely wide range of professional fields.
Rousse, known as the "City of First Things", is rich in the history of dozens of key ventures that started here. We are proud of both its past and the conditions we can offer so that you can find your path to success right here.
Ruse can be the right place to start or expand your business, because here you will find real opportunities in a stable and secure environment. Our city has potential that any future investor could benefit from.
- The largest economic center in the Bulgarian section of the Danube River.
- The proximity of the Romanian market and the capital Bucharest.
- Strategic location on the road of the largest river highway in Europe, intersection of four global transport corridors - pan-European #7 and #9, TRACECA, "One belt one road".
- Logistics center combining different types of transport.
- A highly diversified service economy and a strong industrial profile opening up opportunities for new business ventures.
- Optimal combination of professional and personal life.
- Qualified personnel and highly developed educational infrastructure.
- Competitive costs for starting and developing a business compared to other similar regions of Bulgaria.
- Member of the European Union, NATO and WTO.
- Currency board, national currency pegged to the euro.
- Member of ERM II and the Banking Union, with preparations for entry into the Eurozone in 2024.
- 10% corporate and personal tax.
- 5% dividend tax.
- Competitive conditions for doing business.
- Exemption from VAT when importing equipment for investment projects.
- Deduction of R&D expenses.
You will find detailed information about the business climate, prospects for investments, education and workforce, as well as culture and tourism for the city of Ruse at:
The specialized portal of the Municipality of Ruse, or