Getting Ready for Capital (GreaC)
Duration: 1 January, 2013 – 1 January, 2015
Aims and objectives: The project aimed at adapting and transferring to Poland, Belgium and Bulgaria an existing and successful training path developed in Italy, for would-be-entrepreneurs looking for start-up money. The practice, based on both a self assessment tool and training/coaching sessions, will increase the capacities and skills of innovation intermediaries in connecting with and supporting would-be-entrepreneurs in developing a reliable business proposition and effectively presenting it to potential Early Stage Investors The project will also contribute to the skills of would-be-entrepreneurs and their success rates in obtaining early stage capital.
Therefore the project will positively impact on the Polish, Belgium and Bulgarian emerging pre-seed/seed capital market by providing a new training programme for facilitating the match making between entrepreneurs and investors and increasing their changes of accessing risk capital.
Main tasks and results:
- To transfer the existing knowledge base developed by META Group in supporting would-be-entrepreneurs and companies in preparing a “bankable” business proposition;
- To develop a training manual and guidelines for the delivery of the investment readiness programme in the transferee regions;
- To create training toolkit composed of:
- Regional curricula;
- Delivery and teaching method/materials and tools and related teaching notes;
- Assessment methods and tools.
- To train the trainers/coaches in the transferee regions in order to create the skills for the delivery;
- To develop a clear and detailed valorization plan that will enhance the inclusion of the transferred practice within the regional Innovation support offer, including secondary education institutions of the programme.
Intermediaries such as RDAs, BICs and Innovation Agencies and and early stage financers (BANs, Seed Funds); would be entrepreneurs and Knowledge based businesses looking for early stage investment.
Location: Poland, Belgium and Bulgaria.
Agencja Rozwoju Regionalnego S.A. w Bielsku-Białej - Poland; Meta Group – Italy; Zernike Group Holding – Netherlands; European Business & Innovation Centre Network (EBN) – Belgium; Ruse Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Bulgaria.
Project Donor(s): Lifelong Learning Programme, Leonardo da Vinci - Transfer of Innovation.