In the Municipality of Ruse, local self-government is a key mechanism for facilitating citizens' participation in decision-making that has a direct impact on their daily lives. This model allows elected bodies and the public to make autonomous decisions on issues such as:
- Management of municipal assets, including finances, taxes and fees, as well as municipal administration;
- Planning and development of the territory of Ruse and the populated places in the municipality;
- Education, with a focus on innovation and technology programs;
- Healthcare, with an emphasis on modernization and digitization of services;
- Cultural initiatives that emphasize the historical and cultural heritage of Ruse;
- Services and infrastructure in the field of improvement and communal activities;
- Social services, with particular attention to vulnerable groups;
- Environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources;
- Preservation of cultural, historical and architectural monuments;
- Development of sports, recreation and tourism, with opportunities to attract investment and increase tourist attractiveness.
The citizens of Ruse have the opportunity to participate in the management of the municipality through their elected bodies, but also directly - through local referenda and general meetings of the population, held in accordance with the national legislative framework.
This approach not only strengthens democracy at the local level, but also helps the development of Ruse Municipality as an innovative and sustainable educational and business center.