The current project offers an instrument for a sustainable regional policy, emphasizing the promotion of entrepreneurship, innovation and the growth of the knowledge economy.
Research by the Ruse Chamber of Commerce and Industry shows that the cross-border region Romania - Bulgaria is lagging behind in the field of business innovations, which reflects on economic development.
- low level of innovation investment, even by larger firms;
- small number of intellectual patents that have a market offer;
- small number of innovative enterprises;
- limited involvement of scientists in business projects;
- less than 1% of scientific developments have a business application;
- lack of partnership between business and science.
At the same time, there is an understanding that the development of an innovative environment has a decisive role in the process of increasing competitiveness at the macro and micro level. Adequate support in this area, especially at the regional level, is still lacking.
General objectives of the project:
- To contribute to the overall development of a sustainable socio-economic cross-border region with a favorable image;
- To bring together people, societies and economies to build an integrated common area by harnessing innovative potential.
- Creation of a database of normative and strategic documents for the development of innovations in Bulgaria and Romania;
- Creation of business innovation centers in Ruse, Bulgaria and Slatina, Romania;
- Development of a methodology to support innovative entrepreneurs; Creating a database of experts;
- Workshop for innovative entrepreneurs;
- Holding 2 business innovation conferences in Ruse, Bulgaria and Slatina, Romania.
- Two Business Innovation Centers (BICs) founded;
- Trained personnel for BIC;
- Established database of experts;
- An integrated package of services including the methodologies;
- 3-5 supported innovative projects;
- Held two innovation conferences;
- Established cross-border business innovation network.