The main objective of the project is to promote the full financial inclusion of people with hearing loss/deaf people and their financial literacy, including on topics such as traditional and alternative banking services for online payments, financial transactions and mobile banking.
People with hearing loss/deaf people are among those traditionally excluded from the financial services sector for a number of reasons - inaccessibility, outdated perceptions of limited need and capacity to manage finances and a mindset that defines them as a 'non-profitable' consumer group. Project Signing Banks highlights the fact that this paradigm has long since begun to change, providing evidence of the demand and need for access to services by people with hearing loss/deaf people worldwide.
It is for this reason that the main objective of the project is to promote the full financial inclusion of people with hearing loss/deaf people and their financial literacy, including on topics such as traditional and alternative banking services for online payments, financial transactions and mobile banking. The project consortium will work to provide learning materials and specific guidance for people with disabilities, and the outputs that will be created are:
- A best practice baseline to assess capacity and critical aspects to provide a broader understanding of how financial organizations can use certain approaches to deepen their relationships with stakeholders and parties and partners to improve services, provided to people with hearing loss/deaf people.
- Clear guidance for banking institutions on how they could implement measures to provide accessibility for people with hearing loss/deaf people and to facilitate the integration of processes and technology and organizational constraints to help deliver appropriate design and personalization of services, improving the user experience for customers.
- Educational content for people with hearing loss/deaf people to improve their financial education and ability to communicate effectively with financial institutions.
You can learn more about the project at its official web address www.signingbanks.eu. We invite you to follow the project and in Facebook, where you will always be up to date with the latest activities and results.
The project "Signing Banks - Promoting financial literacy of people with hearing loss/deaf people" is funded by the Erasmus+ program of the EU and is implemented in partnership with 4 other European organizations: ESQUARED - Great Britain, EOLAS and INNETICA - Spain, and ERGON - Italy .
In the section you will find an extensive collection of guidelines, guides and good practices aimed at optimizing the service of people with hearing loss or deaf people in the financial services industry. Our goal is to provide banking institutions, financial professionals and consumers with best practices and recommendations that contribute to the creation of a more inclusive and accessible financial environment.
A collection of best practices in the field of financial services and services for people with hearing loss/deaf people
This collection is a comprehensive set of studies, including 13 specific examples from the country and abroad. They encompass a variety of methods and technologies that help make financial services easier and more accessible. Special attention is paid to real-time sign language translation and its application in a practical environment.
Guidelines for Banks and Financial Institutions in Serving People with Hearing Loss/Deaf Persons
This part of the resources includes 3 detailed guides that offer concrete examples, good practices, methods and technologies. The aim is to move the banking sector (as well as other sectors) towards greater integration and convenience for people with hearing loss or the deaf. Topics include:
- 3 main starting points for the integration of clients with hearing impairments
- Ensuring accessibility of the services offered
- Creating a pleasant and hassle-free environment for serving deaf customers
Guidelines for people with hearing loss/deaf people on using and accessing financial services
This section offers 7 specialist guides that provide clear guidance and information on key aspects of financial services. It also includes 2 third-party guides that help people with hearing loss/deaf people access financial services. Topics include:
- Access to banking services
- Opening a bank account
- Applying for various banking products
- Dictionary of Financial Services
- Guidance and advice for third parties assisting hearing impaired customers
- Understanding the risks associated with financial vulnerability
Each of these resources is designed to provide valuable information related to improving the financial integration of people with hearing loss or deaf people, keeping in mind the scope of the Signing Banks project.