The main objective of the project is to create a new educational curriculum to acquire new basic digital skills and competences for over 900 low-skilled adults affected by the COVID-19 pandemic crisis and more specifically for persons living in rural areas from at least 9 European local communities .
According to the World Tourism Organization (WTO), rural tourism plays an important role in the development of rural areas as it offers an opportunity for income generation, job creation and economic diversification. In these communities, the majority of residents are elderly. This project therefore focuses on the development of entrepreneurial and digital competences of elderly people from rural areas, ready to face the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic by starting their own business or to work in rural tourism, using innovative local cultural tourism opportunities based on best practices in social innovation and circular economy principles. Our project can be a great opportunity for seniors to make a living in the economic crisis and stay active in the community.
During the implementation of the "SMART VILLAGE Development of rural tourism through circular economy and social innovation" project, innovative forms of teaching and learning will be developed such as:
1. A set of good practices existing in the field to date;
2. 4 multi-purpose manuals;
3. Online Training Kit;
4. Video game as an auxiliary educational tool for acquiring entrepreneurial competences in the field of rural tourism.
The platform that will be created by the project will contain many useful resources and will provide a direct impact on a community of over 900 adult learners (adults) by 2022, who will have the opportunity to increase their digital skills. Another expected effect is the usefulness of the platform for over 500 travel agencies from Europe.
Expected results to be achieved by the consortium during the implementation of the project:
1. Creation of a "White Paper" for smart villages, containing digital, social innovations and circular economy development skills needed in rural tourism;
2. Training course: INTELLIGENT VILLAGE - DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM AS BUSINESS THROUGH CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND SOCIAL INNOVATIONS;
3. Educational platform for e-learning: "TOURISM OF THE INTELLIGENT VILLAGE";
4. Short joint training of the staff of the educational platform for e-learning: "TOURISM OF THE INTELLIGENT VILLAGE";
5. Publicity and dissemination events in 6 countries to test an educational e-learning platform: "INTELLIGENT VILLAGE TOURISM";
6. Last conference "INTELLIGENT VILLAGE - DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM BUSINESS AS A BUSINESS THROUGH CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND SOCIAL INNOVATIONS".
Follow the news on the project here.
"SMART VILLAGE - Development of rural tourism through circular economy and social innovation" project is financed by the Erasmus+ program of the EU and is implemented in partnership with 8 other European organizations: BISON LAND (RO), NERDA (RO), DLEARN (IT) , EUROGEO (BE), CCS DIGITAL EDUCATION, UPI ZALEC (SLO), IDEC (GR), IRENES TRAVEL (RO).
Expert programmes and projects
T: +359 82 825875
Tsar Ferdinand Blvd. 3A,